Saturday 24 September 2011

Communicating with paint!

Today I spent time communicating with paint. Now either you will get this or you really won't!

How can it be possible for a reasonably sane person to spend hours staring at paint charts, allowing the colours to speak? Today Farrow and Ball's Pigeon spoke to me. I actually kept smiling and staring in awe at its beauty. I repainted an old dresser which was dark blue into this GORGEOUS grey/green fabulous shade. I found myself marvelling at the consistency, the pigmentation, and became aware that I had been totally drawn in by the marketing spiel. But it is classy and gorgeous and undeniably it communicates to me and other Farrowites who know their paint pigmentation stuff!

We spend alot of time thinking about how our home communicates; we create our home brand if you like. Modern country, city chic. minimalist etc... And so we communicate some truths and values about ourselves, our likes, our way of living.
I wonder what your home says about you?

2 comments:

  1. Different colours and different styles speak to me. Teal being my favourite brings a sense of warmth, happiness, brightness on a dull day. Hence, our home is adorned with "teal". The butning which hangs in our lounge, a teal and blue floral pattern brings a sense of joy and happiness and reminds me of celebrating life. The majority of my clothes are teal, the colour draws me in, makes me feel happy and bright.
    Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Teal Jude! Especially when worn with Brown! You always had lovely taste. Love to see your lounge sometime!
    Blessings. X

    ReplyDelete